This visit forms part of a wider project running from November 2015 to July 2016. Our Enter and View Representatives visited each of the nine wards in Somerset that provide treatment for people with acute mental health issues.
- Healthwatch Somerset leaflets to be displayed both in reception and also on the patient engagement noticeboard.
- The Trust consider introducing any items from the ‘good practice examples for meetings’ list that it thinks will help to improve these. (See appendix 1)
- The good practice examples activities list (See appendix 2 and 3) is discussed with staff and at ‘have your say meetings’.
- Consult a nutrition specialist for advice on improving healthy options for meals.
- Create a volunteering recruitment plan to encourage the involvement of volunteers onto the ward.
- Consult with patients and staff about the wearing of uniforms by staff supporting patients while out in the community.
- Introduce designated disabled parking bays in the car park.
This report was produced by the previous Healthwatch Somerset service provider, The Care Forum.